Submitted by: admin
- Makes: 5
Rice, Brinjal , Onion (Kanda Pyaaz), Coriander Cilantro (Dhania) , Coriander Leaves
Rice - 200 gms - washed and cooked - soft and separate grains
Brinjal - any type, but not bitter - 300 gms
Onion - 2 big cut thin and lengthwise
Coriander leaves to garnish
Urad dhal - 1 teaspoon
Besan dhal - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - to tasete
Asafoetida - a pinch
Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Spread the cooked rice in a plate and pour the ghee over. Let the rice cool.
- Mix the ghee well so that the rice grains will stay separate.
- Wash the brinjal and cut fine. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil and add mustard seeds.
- Add the urad and besan dhal after the mustard splutters. Add asafoetida and add the cut onion. Fry for a minute and add the cut brinjal. Add salt and turmeric powder and saute well. The brinjal should become soft and fully cooked.
- Add the powdered masala and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the rice with this mixture and garnish with coriander leaves. (can fry some cashew nuts and add to the rice - optional)