Submitted by: admin
- Makes: 5
Sugar (Cheeni) , Saffron (Kesar) , Flour (Atta), Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup Water
1 tsp Cardamom powder
Saffron colour or saffron threads
2 cups Plain Flour
1 1/2 cups Ghee.
Nuts for decorating
- Bring water and sugar to boil. Remove from heat, add essence, colour. Mix well and set aside.
- Roast the flour over medium heat for 10 mins. (till you get aroma). Add ghee and fry for further 5-7 mins till golden brown.
- Slowly add the sugar syrup to the flour mixture. Quickly and constantly keep stirring till it forms a smooth paste.
- Grease a plate. Pour the paste to the plate. Decorate with nuts of your choice.
- Cover the thali and set it in the refigerator for atleast 1/2 an hour.
- Cut into desired shape and serve