Submitted by: admin
- Makes: 5
Whole Wheat flour (Gehu atta) , Rice, Onion (Kanda Pyaaz) , Carrot (Gajar)
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup any other available flour (rice, bajra, maize, etc.)
3-4 cabbage leaves
4 green chillies
1/2 tsp. ginger grated
5 tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Finely chop all the vegetables either in a chopper or by hand in a large plate.
- You may even grate them if a chopper is not available.
- Add the flours, 2 tbsp. oil, salt and knead to a very stiff dough.
- Do not keep the dough for long after kneading, or it will become gooey and soft.
- This would make it difficult to roll the parathas.
- Divide into 3 parts. Roll into 5" rounds.
- Shallow fry on a hot griddle (tawa) on both till golden brown using the remaining oil.
- Eat hot or carry away for later, with sauce, tamarind or onion chutney.
Making time: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 parathas